reenag

More Adverse Reaction To Gluten Since Giving It Up

Rate this topic

Hi,

I gave up gluten completely about 2 months ago. Now though, if I accedently eat some, I have sever stomach pain and bloating. I used to get some pain and bloating, but now it is almost intolerable. I am wondering if this is commen. As I am still in the "diagnosis" stage, if this is not common then I wonder if I need to be looking to see what the cause is. It seems to happen though when I can pinpoint a hidden gluten.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I get more pain now then before I was diagnosed, your body has a little time with out gluten and it was happy, now that its been glutened again its telling u u need to stop by making u even sicker. At least thats what the doctor told me.

This happens to me as well. My doctor also told me that it's perfectly normal (your body's actually able to mount a protest now!). While it's not enjoyable at all, I think of it as a positive sign of healing (and incentive to stay Gluten-free). :)

Yep. Good for you, it means mostly you're doing a good job.

Same thing happens to me. I've been gluten free for a little over a month now, but if I accidentally end up eating some gluten I get really sick. Last night, I made a bad decision to have 2 bites of cake at a wedding and I got so sick. Good motivation not to do it again. :(

I think that is a pretty common change per the threads I have read here. It sure happened with me. I got much more sensitive after I first went gluten-free.

I am still shocked at how very ill I become with just trace gluten....it is awful...like having the flu.

Yes, it is very common.