Coolclimates

Is Pramipexole gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I was wondering whether anyone knew if Pramipexole (the generic version of Mirapex) contains any gluten or is processed in a facility which shares gluten. I've been diagnosed with Celiac Disease over a year ago and despite following a very strict gluten free diet, I have not improved at all. So I'm looking into my medications. For the past month, Walgreens has tried contacting this drug company to see if they can get any information, but the company keeps dragging its heals and not getting back to the pharmacist. Walgreens said that they no longer sell the original brand and that they would have to special order it for me. Your insight would be most helpful.

You could try getting the name of the maker and call them yourself. The place that I get scripts from puts the maker's name in small letters on the bottle. Usually if you do a search with the company name and the words contact info you will find the info pretty quickly.

I was able to contact the director of glutenfreedrugs.com and he told me that mine is ok and not to worry about it (the manufacturer of mine is Glenmark.