IrishHeart

What Vitamin Deficiencies Do To A Body With Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

I am reading a book called Recognizing Celiac Disease by Cleo J. Libonati, RN, BSN.

The various vitamin/mineral deficiencies we suffer are explained in detail...including the weird symptoms , associated disorders and complications often involved. Explains the neurological symptoms we suffer too. It even explains why my mouth, throat, esophagus , skin and "other places" :blink: BURN. Doctors looked at me like I was crazy when I told them about this. Talk about validating!!--- and also, comforting --to know that in time, these horrible symptoms will resolve.

I had dozens of strange and debilitating symptoms that made no sense--until now. I knew many were because of malabsorption and deficiencies/anemia, but there were so many WEIRD ones (like the burning mouth, itching, sore eyes and hair loss)that no one could explain.

I've read hundreds of articles and books during the last 3 years as I struggled to be diagnosed, but this one tells me what each of my symptoms are CAUSED by. Really enlightening!

There are sections on how celiac disease manifests, the testing, impact of celiac on the GI tract (fascinating stuff) and dietary information--all straight forward--and incredibly interesting.

Maybe some of you would find it helpful as well. :)

That sounds fascinating. Thanks for sharing. Off to see if Amazon has it. :)

That sounds fascinating. Thanks for sharing. Off to see if Amazon has it. :)

Not sure if amazon does...you can follow this link (I swear an oath I am NOT a saleswoman for this person)

http://glutenfreeworks.com/gluten-disorders/celiac-disease/symptom-guide/

If could afford it, I would send every one of you a copy--it's that good at explaining things. I would not lie to a fellow Noo Englanda!! ;) Go Sox!

Not sure if amazon does...you can follow this link (I swear an oath I am NOT a saleswoman for this person)

http://glutenfreeworks.com/gluten-disorders/celiac-disease/symptom-guide/

If could afford it, I would send every one of you a copy--it's that good at explaining things. I would not lie to a fellow Noo Englanda!! ;) Go Sox!

Amazon does have it, but it's expensive. I may see if our local library can get it for me through Interlibrary loan.

Sox swept the Yankees....again. Yay!

Amazon does have it, but it's expensive. I may see if our local library can get it for me through Interlibrary loan.

Sox swept the Yankees....again. Yay!

Yaay! (I live in NY, but never once lost my allegiance) :D