GFreeMO

Question For Lactiad Milk Users

Rate this topic

I've been using Lactaid milk for quite some time. My husband was cleaning out the fridge and he smelled my milk and said eww, this has gone bad. I just opened it 4 days ago. It has an ex. date of late July. I told him to throw it out. I bought more and it had the same smell. It smells a little sour or different from regular milk. I've been using this milk for over 2 years and now it smells. What the heck?

Anyone notice this at all?

Its funny you bring this up because 2 days ago the same thing happened to me, for some reason I took a smell of this milk and it was awful, (exp. date in july), and I have not touched it since. I don't have an answer but after reading your post, I am guessing this must just be the way it smells. Hopefully we will get an answer.

I just went and smelled mine...seems fine, no strange or offensive smell. Actually it doesn't smell like anything. Exp. date June 28. Wonder if there was a bad batch.

Send them a concerned letter, and use the word laywer maybe you get free milk from them =P

I did call them to let them know. They said it was rare but could happen via transport with the truck not being cold enough or other problems like that. This could happen with any food product. They were the nicest most helpful customer service line that I have ever called. They are sending me out a coupon to replace my milk. I went to another store and bought a different date of the milk and this one smelled as it should.