Newtoitall

Filterd Water ?

Rate this topic

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnline/products.jsp?brandId=2&type=details&tags=100086&next=13&productId=17278

that product is what I am wondering about, Is filterd water something I should worry about?

I am pretty sure I read something about there being a chance of CC with the filtering process, is this something I'd have to call about?

what would I say if I called?

I've been at this game for over ten years, and I have never heard of a concern about filtering adding gluten. Filtering typically involves either a mechanical filter of fine-mesh cloth or paper (which blocks particles), or charcoal (which absorbs material). Sometimes both are used together.

If by some remote chance the water was contaminated with gluten, the filter would remove it, not add it.

:blink:

For the record, cc can happen at any point on the production process for any product, and at any time. There is never a guarantee--at best they will test and certify less than 5 ppm or whatever larger number of ppm they test for.

You might be thinking of products that use soaking water to sprout seeds or to 'process' some of the ingredients. Sometimes, especially with sprouted grains, barley water is used for that process but not listed on the label.

Since the product you are asking about is soy milk and not water you should write to the company and ask if they use barley water or if they use any gluten ingredients in their product. There is a brand of rice milk called Rice Dream that uses barley water in the processing but labels it gluten free. There is also a brand of gluten-free breads and tortillas (Food for Life I think?) that uses water filtered with sprouted barley in their products. So yeah, I would ask about something like. Plain bottled water is fine, however.

Since the product you are asking about is soy milk and not water you should write to the company and ask if they use barley water or if they use any gluten ingredients in their product. There is a brand of rice milk called Rice Dream that uses barley water in the processing but labels it gluten free. There is also a brand of gluten-free breads and tortillas (Food for Life I think?) that uses water filtered with sprouted barley in their products. So yeah, I would ask about something like. Plain bottled water is fine, however.

10 points to you that is what I was thinking of, terrrible ppl labeling gluten-free and not being gluten-free >:o

so yeah, I should send them off an email and see what they say =o

10 points to you that is what I was thinking of, terrrible ppl labeling gluten-free and not being gluten-free >:o

so yeah, I should send them off an email and see what they say =o

Yep, e-mail, call or at least do a search for that brand and see if others have posted about it before. I am not familiar with that brand so I can't say one way or the other. Let us know what they say!