Mummyto3

Another Bad Day For Me

Rate this topic

I'm having one of those days where I'm just completely washed out. My body is heavy, my brain is fogged up and my muscles and joints are uncomfortable and painful. Its one of those days where I just don't feel like I'll get through it in one piece. I have a level of tiredness everyday but these ones do happen probably every 3 to 4 days. Its just debilitating. Test prob not back til Friday next week.

Hang in there babe! B) Get yourself a gluten-free smoothie, or a coffee treat (if you can drink it) and know that you are doing something to help make it go away soon. On days like that (2 days ago :rolleyes: ), I will treat myself as a reminder that all will get better! I'm going to really enjoy my yoga class this morning. It's a treat and I don't even feel bad! :P

I was planning on going gluten free for my daughters sake. Now I think I need to do it for myself. Its so depressing.

Oh! I forgot, thought you already did. Once my blood was in that vial (2 weeks Friday), I haven't consciously eaten anything with gluten. I certainly noticed the difference by day 2! Go for it! You will feel better! :D

If your testing is done you can go ahead and start the gluten-free diet. Although sometimes it does happen that the tests will be invalid for some reason and they will need to re-do the blood draw and retest. But that doesn't happen often.

The reason I havent is in case they want a biopsy. But I doubt I'll go for it although my daughter is. I'll have a think whether to start now or wait for her to start.

Thanks for the replies x

My blood test was negative, but I went gluten free for my daughter's sake. We've been gluten-free for about 2.5 months and we both feel better. I felt that same fatigue and it's getting better. I feel like a person again!

I'm going to try go gluten free next week. Already sorted shopping out so will hopefully be completely gluten free the week after. Hopefully even being nearly gluten free will help somewhat.

There is a reimbursement on food in England for people with diagnosed celaic. So if that is something you want to do you probably should get the endoscopy and biopsy. They might not do the reimbursement without it. I don't know how it works but with you and your daughter it might be worthwhile.