joyw4

Celiac Blood Level Results

Rate this topic

My tTG IGA was <3

My GLIADIN IGA WAS 13

My GLIADIN IGG WAS >100

Dr says I'm positive for celiac but my lab test says for the tTG less than 5 is negative. Mine is <3.

For the IGA 11-17 is equivocal mine is 13.

Now the IGG says over 17 is positive. Mine is 100.

Aren't all the tests supposed to be elevated? Or is the most accurate one the IGG?

My tTG IGA was <3

My GLIADIN IGA WAS 13

My GLIADIN IGG WAS >100

Dr says I'm positive for celiac but my lab test says for the tTG less than 5 is negative. Mine is <3.

For the IGA 11-17 is equivocal mine is 13.

Now the IGG says over 17 is positive. Mine is 100.

Aren't all the tests supposed to be elevated? Or is the most accurate one the IGG?

Did your doctor do a total IGA? If your total IGA is low that will cause a false negative on the tests. False negatives are common and you don't need all the tests to be positive to be celiac. If you are not going to have an endo done then go ahead and start the diet. If you are having an endo then wait until the day that is done to start. Be aware that endos also have up to a 30% chance of a false negative.

Thank you raven :) After doing some research I'm seeing that the IGA being low actually is common in those with celiac disease. Everyone on here is saying it should be high. The IGA reflects not getting enough nutrients. With a low IGA and high IGG are specific markers of celiac disease???? (That's what I'm getting from this article) I don't know if I'm understanding this right but I read this on Focus Diagnostics. Anybody who understands this differently let me know. Thanks! And Raven, I started back on gluten last night after being off a week and I'm sick as a dog today. I'm second thinking about that endo. I think I have my answer :) thanks again!

Thank you raven :) After doing some research I'm seeing that the IGA being low actually is common in those with celiac disease. Everyone on here is saying it should be high. The IGA reflects not getting enough nutrients. With a low IGA and high IGG are specific markers of celiac disease???? (That's what I'm getting from this article) I don't know if I'm understanding this right but I read this on Focus Diagnostics. Anybody who understands this differently let me know. Thanks! And Raven, I started back on gluten last night after being off a week and I'm sick as a dog today. I'm second thinking about that endo. I think I have my answer :) thanks again!

Yea it is amazing how fast our body will tell us 'Whoa what are you doing' after we have eliminated gluten and then added it back. For me I was off for 2 weeks during my Dr prescribed elimination diet and 3 days after I added it back in I had a violent reaction. My allergist then told me to drop it but referred me to a GI who then demanded another challenge. The results of that were very severe. I got my doctors 'official' diagnosis but the cost to my body was high. Sometimes the best thing we can do is to listen to what our body is screaming at us.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

That's total IgA, not IgA that is specific to certain proteins like gliadin or TTG. I don't see your total IgA result in the ones you listed. If the IgG test is deamidated gliadin, it's really sensitive and it's not surprising other tests didn't come up positive but deamidated gliadin did.

It sounds like your body has given you a clearcut answer anyway. B)

Raven wood and Skylark, just got my daughters celiac panel back and her IgG levels were slightly elevated (mine were highly as indicated above). My endoscopy is this Wednesday. But all of this seems wild. First, my dad being positive on his biopsy only, me having high IgG, my daughter moderately elevated with my other 3 children negative period. BTW, my daughter eats a low gluten diet period due to desire for weight loss, meaning really low carbs high protein. Do u sense any sort of connection? Decided to do the endo anyway. But if its positive I will not put her through it but she's 16, she might insist. The positive result will give me a strong indication of what her results will be. Wish me luck they're gonna do a colonoscopy at the same time due to being diagnosed IBS since childhood. Thanks for any input you or any others can share :)

It sounds like genetic gluten intolerance/celiac runs in your family. I bet your daughter is doing better antibody-wise because she isn't eating much gluten. I was diagnosed with IBS too. It was dead wrong. I have no bowel problems off gluten.