AVR1962

Flour For Homemade Noodles?

Rate this topic

It's an old family tradition past down to make homemade chicken and noodles. Tried making noodles tonight with rice flour and they crumbled.....dough was fine until I started kneading and then it fell apart. Any tips would be helpful!

Here's a pasta dough recipe from Bette Hagman's Gluten-free Gourmet cookbook. This is pretty good. I don't think your dough will hold together without xanthan gum.

1/3 c tapioca flour

2 T potato starch flour

1/3 c cornstarch

1/2 t salt

1 T xanthan gum

2 large eggs

1 T vegetable oil

Beat eggs and oil together. Combine dry ingredients, then add egg mixture and stir. Knead a minute or two. Dust the counter with cornstarch and roll out. Good luck!

Here's a pasta dough recipe from Bette Hagman's Gluten-free Gourmet cookbook. This is pretty good. I don't think your dough will hold together without xanthan gum.

Thanks for the recipe! I made a layer of noodle dough for a homemade lasagna, combined 1/2 pizza crust dough and half all purpose gluten free flour with eggs, didn't knead the dough, rolled it (flipping repeatedly) out with rice flour and it made a wonderful lasagna. I'll have to try cornstarch, that's something I have not worked with yet.