love2travel

Have You Tried The New Genius Glutino Bread?

Rate this topic

This morning I saw an advertisement for this new bread. It is currently on sale for $3.99 which is unheard of (for me, at least, as Udi's gluten-free bread here is $7.99).

I'm interested in seeing how it compares to Udi's bread.

http://www.glutenfree.com/index.cfm/manufacturer/Glutino/102050M-___-Genius-White-Sandwich-Bread.html

This morning I saw an advertisement for this new bread. It is currently on sale for $3.99 which is unheard of (for me, at least, as Udi's gluten-free bread here is $7.99).

I'm interested in seeing how it compares to Udi's bread.

http://www.glutenfree.com/index.cfm/manufacturer/Glutino/102050M-___-Genius-White-Sandwich-Bread.html

The company which makes this bread is from the UK and I had the dark bread version last October when I was in London. It's awesome! My non-Celiac husband thought it was delicious also. You can actually eat this bread untoasted! :o

However, the version sold in UK stores is not frozen but fresh. I e-mailed the company after I returned home and asked if it could be shipped to the States but they said no, it was only available in the UK and Ireland right now. I told them that was no excuse and they needed to offer this bread in the States and Canada. Apparently, they listened to me! Actually, they were awfully nice people to correspond with. So they must have licensed out the recipe for production overseas, which is great.

As for the comparison to Udi's...I am not a big fan of Udi's bread. It's not bad but I was never a fan of fluffy type bread.

The Genius bread is a bit more dense but still fluffy enough for those who like Udi's. I did not try the white bread but the dark bread is great.

It's been reviewed by celiac-disease.com here and here (marketed here by Glutino). When I run across it, I'll try a loaf to see if I like it.

It's been reviewed by celiac-disease.com here and here (marketed here by Glutino). When I run across it, I'll try a loaf to see if I like it.

Please do! I know that you and I are both on the same quest - to find that elusive awesome gluten-free bread! Man, if only I could make a great chewy ciabatta that is like the real thing.

And it is elusive! Since I live in a small town, I have no idea when it might be available around here. I'll have to ask my local health food store as last summer they started carrying Udi's and then later Rudi's. No Whole Foods or Wegman's around here...

Bummer for us it contains egg. :(