kellynolan82

Sun Flour Mills - Chocolate Cake Mix

Rate this topic

I have heard rave reviews over the net on the Sun Flour Mills Chocolate Cake Mix and wondered how you found this product. It apparently won first prize and my friend drew my attention to it recently so I thought I'd share for those who aren't familiar and get feedback from those who are. :unsure:

Chocolate_Cake.gif

Personally, I'd love to try their Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe. Never've had one of these in all my life... :P

I have heard rave reviews over the net on the Sun Flour Mills Chocolate Cake Mix and wondered how you found this product. It apparently won first prize and my friend drew my attention to it recently so I thought I'd share for those who aren't familiar and get feedback from those who are. :unsure:

Personally, I'd love to try their Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe. Never've had one of these in all my life... :P

I never use mixes as I love to scratch bake but Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are incredibly simple to make but look a bit decadent. I was making them long before I had even heard of celiac disease! They were popular in restaurants about ten years ago.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are very popular here in Australia right now! Domino's Pizza here introduced a regular chocolate lava cake a short while ago (2 years ago, maybe...). :unsure:

I'm trying to find something for my friend who's been so eager to eat a 'normal' piece of cake (and who fell for the temptation). :mellow:

Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are very popular here in Australia right now! Domino's Pizza here introduced a regular chocolate lava cake a short while ago (2 years ago, maybe...). :unsure:

I'm trying to find something for my friend who's been so eager to eat a 'normal' piece of cake (and who fell for the temptation). :mellow:

You are a kind friend.

Cakes can be easily made gluten-free with excellent crumb, flavour and texture. If I was going to cheat it certainly would not be cake but something more difficult to replicate! :lol: (Not going to cheat as I mentioned before.) Anyway, if she likes coconut this cake is one of my favourites...

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/03/gluten-free-coconut-layer-cake.html#more

What kind of cake interests you/her? I probably have at least 100 good recipes.

You are a kind friend.

Cakes can be easily made gluten-free with excellent crumb, flavour and texture. If I was going to cheat it certainly would not be cake but something more difficult to replicate! :lol: (Not going to cheat as I mentioned before.) Anyway, if she likes coconut this cake is one of my favourites...

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/03/gluten-free-coconut-layer-cake.html#more

What kind of cake interests you/her? I probably have at least 100 good recipes.

Rich chocolate type cakes tend to be both hers and my favourites! But anything would most certainly do. :)

Rich chocolate type cakes tend to be both hers and my favourites! But anything would most certainly do. :)

I have a rich and decadent truffle cake with ganache that might be what you are looking for! Will do a bit of looking and post it after dinner...

OK. Dinner is over. This is the truffle cake recipe - I would just add ganache if feeling decadent but have not done so for awhile as I have recently discovered my cholesterol is very high. :angry:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/03/karinas-chocolate-truffle-cake.html#more

Though not chocolate these are good...Salted Coconut Almond Cupcakes...

http://thesensitiveepicure.blogspot.com/2009/04/salted-coconut-almond-cupcakes-gluten.html