alexsami

All Nuts?

Rate this topic

anyone else not able to eat them....i have been gluten free for a month....doing much better, stopped eating almonds, tried cashews, and now 2 steps once again.....ugh......so frustrating....however i did eat almost an entire bag yesterday :(

yep. Out of curiosity i looked on the back of a container that my family has of them. It had a "warning" lable that had the usual nuts, peanuts, and to my surprise wheat.

Not all nuts are processed where they process wheat.

Try one type of nut at a time. Maybe one or 2 bother you but not all. Not sure how big the bag you ate was but maybe it was too much. Even tho its healthy fat, it is fatty and could be hard to eat too many. Also, if salted, a lot of salt can be irritating.

Lots of things can bother out guts, not just gluten. :angry:

it was a 10 oz bag and i ate quite a bit....i figured it wasnt hurting while i was eating them....so i made a poor decision. On back of the bag it says, manufactured on equipment that processes peanut, other tree nuts.......maybe if i would have had a few, and not the entire bag :( thanks for all responses.....this is just so frustrating :(

Nut allergies are EXTREMELY common. It's most likely that you simply react to nuts. Eliminate them from your diet for a couple weeks; then get some 100% gluten free ones by either shelling them yourself or ordering from http://www.nutsonline.com/ to challenge with.

While my gut was in the early healing process, I couldn't handle nuts, even safe ones. My body just couldn't break them down-they're hard to digest. Lay off of them for a while and give your body some time to adjust. It honestly took me a good year, but I was pretty damaged. I was able to handle natural (pure!) nut butters pretty quickly though - almond and sunflower.

If you can find a safe source, try some smaller quantities - maybe softer nuts and seeds like raw sunflower seeds or cashews.

I usually buy mine from nuts online. com