smsm

Symptom Flashback Possible?

Rate this topic

I have been at this about 10 months. I went through an initial honeymoon phase of feeling like I had superpowers and all my symptoms fell away. Then I started to make mistakes - every couple of weeks - and I couldn't quite shake the symptoms. (I don't get digestive problems - I get back/neck pain and neurological issues). Now, I feel confident that I have learned from my mistakes and am positive my home/kitchen is gluten free and I can't trace anything back to my occasional going outs. I have seen significant improvement again. Still, I get these odd and sudden flashes of symptoms - I will be fine and then all of sudden very dizzy or sudden pain or lack of word recall or numbness. It won't last too long and then it goes away. Can it be possible to have physical or neurological flashbacks as I work on healing?

As you said, you are in the process of healing, you are not healed. So there are bound to be times when you feel better than other times. It's not really flashbacks, it's just that you are lucky to be feeling good most of the time :D Neuro symptoms seem to have a longer recovery period than GI issues. If you are sure you are not getting cc'd from something like lip gloss, hand lotion, toothpaste, etc., or kissing a glutenous person, then just hang tight and wait for them to resolve.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah.

If you aren't taking vitamin supplaments, start them. Helped me shed the neuro weirdness. B complex, cal/mag, vit d, multivitamin.

A lot of us report reacting to lower levels of gluten as time goes on. I think that is what is happening to you rather than a flashback of symptoms.