notme!

Almond Pound Cake

Rate this topic

this turned out yummy - i mixed my own flour including almond flour but i suppose you could use any flour mix you regularly use for cakes :) hope you likey

almond pound cake

2 c. sugar

1 c. butter, melted

4 eggs

2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 1/2 tsp. almond extract

3 c. gluten-free flour (the mix i used is at the bottom)

2 tsp. baking powder

1 c. milk

pre-heat oven to 350. grease and flour a bundt pan or tube pan. set aside. mix together sugar and melted butter in a large bowl. beat at medium speed until creamy. add eggs one at a time, beat after each addition. add vanilla and almond extracts, beat until well mixed. combine flour blend and baking powder and gradually add flour mix alternately with the milk, beat at low speed until well mixed. pour batter into baking pan, bake for 50-60 minuted until toothpick inserted into canter comes out clean. cool 10 minutes. remove from pan. cool completely before cutting. NOM NOM NOMM...

flour mix i used:

1/2 c. almond flour

1/2 c. cornstarch

1 c. tapioca flour

1/2 c. potato starch

1/2 c. sorghum flour

2 tsp. xanthan gum

i think next time i make this i am going to cut it into cubes (and maybe toast them...hmmm....) and make a raspberry trifle. :D

but today, it's back to dill pickling cukes. a hundred thousand cukes... :o

Mmmm, trifle! I was looking for a good pound cake recipe, thanks! And for those of you who don't know what trifle is, it's awesome: layers of pound cake, fruit preserves, and pudding.