Tabz

Salad Dressing

Rate this topic

:huh:

im trying to get into salads but i dont like the dressings sold at the store.

is there a homemade dressing that is like a fruit dresssing recipe i can use ?

Do you mean like fruit cocktail only with a thick sauce? If so, I suppose you could use sweet rice flour or cornstarch or tapioca or other starch to thicken the juice of regular fruit cocktail. Just pour the cocktail into a small sauce pot, add the flour/starch (stir out any lumps), and heat on low/medium for a few minutes until it thickens and clarifies.

Or, dice up an apple, microwave in a dish with some water until softened, and thicken like the above. Add cinnamon, or allspice, or ginger, or whatever you prefer.

If these aren't what you're looking for, please explain.

Here are some recipe threads from the forum

My absolute favorite is to mix 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic and salt and pepper to taste. It is really good after it has sat for a few days to marry the flavors. I have found that if you use a better quality balsamic you won't need to add sugar to the dressing.

My favorite dressing is 3 tblsp olive oil, 1 tblsp balsamic vin, 1 tblsp jam (I like strawberry or raspberry) and salt and pepper. It is so good! I use my mini food processor to blend it together.