DanielleR

Thanksgiving Turkeys That Are Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I have spent most of the day tracking down gluten free foods for Thanksgiving. I also found a few helpful links and I thought i would share. I would love if you all would share your Gluten Free Recipes with me as I am still a newbie to all of this.

A fresh or frozen turkey is not something we typically suspect as a source of gluten. Unfortunately, basting solutions injected in turkey during processing may contain gluten. Here are several popular brands of whole fresh or frozen turkey that, according to the manufacturers, are gluten-free.

Always read labels carefully! If you aren't sure about a product, contact the manufacturer before buying. Don't buy pre-stuffed turkey or use the gravy packets that accompany many turkey products- they contain gluten!

1. Empire Kosher

Thanks for all the research. I'll add that after 10 years of being gluten-free, I have yet to find a fresh or frozen turkey that has gluten -- unless, of course, it's stuffed. To me, turkey that hasn't come in contact with stuffing is not something we have to worry about over the holidays.

richard

This will be my first gluten-free Thanksgiving. I'm just going to skip the stuffing, and use a bit of cornstarch to thicken my gravy. Otherwise..my menu will be pretty much the same as it was in the past.

Christmas is going to be hard one for me!

This will be my first gluten-free Thanksgiving. I'm just going to skip the stuffing, and use a bit of cornstarch to thicken my gravy. Otherwise..my menu will be pretty much the same as it was in the past.

May I ask how you make a gluten free gravy? I have yet to find a way to make it. and have it taste good.

May I ask how you make a gluten free gravy? I have yet to find a way to make it. and have it taste good.

I use the turkey drippings and add cornstarch mixed with cold water.

I know folks who have always made their turkey gravy with cornstarch. Add in some giblets and it's great stuff!!

richard

• Upvote 1

You may not have to go stuffing-less. If your local store has Grainless Baker products see if they carry or can get their stuffing mix. I add some sauteed celery and onions to it but it is also good just out of the box with nothing added.

Also check the recipe section as I am sure some folks have posted recipes for gluten-free stuffing if it is something you will miss.