livingglutenfree

Help Me With Test Results

Rate this topic

I am looking for help in understanding test results. Because I have celiac disease (diagnosed at age one), we had my daughter age 7 tested as a precaution. She was tested just before age 2 and came back negative (which I realize now isn't always accurate at that young of an age.) Anyway, she doesn't seem to have any major symptoms -- once in a while complains of a stomachache or headache -- but not on a regular basis and perhaps not anymore than another child might.

I asked our ped for a copy of her test results, but didn't get a good explanation of what each test meant -- especially the one that was a weak positve. He just said we'd use this as a baseline and retest her again to see if anything has changed.

On a side note, I'd say she eats a normal gluten containing diet. I usually cook our family dinners to be gluten free, but her breakfast, school lunch, and snacks are all gluten filled.

Antigliadin Abs, IgA Result 1 NEGATIVE (Neg - 0-19, weak Pos 20-30, Pos >30)

Antigliadin ABS IgG Result 3 NEGATIVE (Neg o-19, Weak 20-30, Pos >30)

Translutaminase Iga Result <2 NEGATIVE (neg 0-3, weak 4-10, pos >10

T-transglutaminase (tTG) IgG Res 6 WEAK POSITIVE (Neg 0-5, Weak Pos 6-9, Pos >9)

Endomysial IgA Negative

Immunoglobulin A Result 96

What does the weak positve in her tTG IgG mean? Can I assume that this number will only go up as she continues to eat gluten and get older?

Thanks for your help!

Is there anyone with knowledge on test results that can help me? Like I said, dr. seemed concerned enough that we should definately retest again - but didn't have any other info than that to share. Is there a resource online that does a good job at explaining test results?

THanks!