Rate this topic

Okay, I'm struggling with this hypoglycemia thing.

Finding the perfect snack (and wanting to hurl after eating it 29 times) makes me homicidal.

I thought I got away with eating Halloween candy, but woke up the next day with a sugar hangover.

Ironically, guess what I figured out last night??? Peanut m&m's are the perfect fix it food. 1 fun pack is the perfect "if nothing else helps, try this" food. It isn't a snack, meal, or substitution but if I eat and still need something...it works.

I swear, some days I want to kick something.

• Upvote 1

It works because it is a combo of protein from the nuts and carbs from the sugar. Snacking with a protein and a carb at the same time is something that usually helps with low blood sugar. Nut butter on a apple slice or a piece of cheese and a couple crackers might also work.

• Upvote 1

It works because it is a combo of protein from the nuts and carbs from the sugar. Snacking with a protein and a carb at the same time is something that usually helps with low blood sugar. Nut butter on a apple slice or a piece of cheese and a couple crackers might also work.

Yes, I do a lot of combo snacking. It's just weird how some stuff that should work, doesn't. And something that makes me sick (in excess) can also fix it in an emergency.

I've noticed if I get too much sugar and crash, I have to counter it later with another strong sugar. Literally like a hangover.

If I don't eat sugar (in the literal sense), I can get by with food, and I need an occasional sweet - like fruit. And a few cookies won't hurt. But if I hit sugar hard, I need sugar to fix it.

I still want to kick something.