Scott Adams

Health briefs: A caution on celiac disease - Newsday (subscription)

Rate this topic

Health briefs: A caution on celiac disease

Newsday (subscription)

Click here Health briefs: A caution on celiac disease Published: November 4, 2011 4:10 PM People with celiac disease may unknowingly be exposed to gluten in lip, facial or body products, a new study suggests. Gluten -- a protein found in wheat, ...

and more »

View the full article

That article was useless- no decent information. LOL I have been struggling with this cosmetic issue since diagnosis 3 weeks ago. I've been having to call the manufactures directly and go through all the different formulations. I have a large collection of high end cosmetics. Weeding out my colors has been nearly as traumatic as the food issues <grin>. There is no easy way to do this as manufactueres don't have lists of gluten-free items- at least not the brands I use- Mac, Lancome, Urban Decay, Clinique, Estee Lauder. Too much money invested to dump it all and start fresh.

That article was useless- no decent information. LOL I have been struggling with this cosmetic issue since diagnosis 3 weeks ago. I've been having to call the manufactures directly and go through all the different formulations. I have a large collection of high end cosmetics. Weeding out my colors has been nearly as traumatic as the food issues <grin>. There is no easy way to do this as manufactueres don't have lists of gluten-free items- at least not the brands I use- Mac, Lancome, Urban Decay, Clinique, Estee Lauder. Too much money invested to dump it all and start fresh.

This might help you with Mac: http://www.specktra.net/t/84321/mac-makeup-gluten-free-list Haven't checked the others.

Thanks! Interesting list since I have several eye shadows that the rep told me had gluten that are not on this list. Of course, they are my favorite formulations :/

I have set them aside to try at a later time when I feel healed and open to some experimentation. For now, I want everything clean.

<Sigh> This is certainly going to take a while to investigate. Are their 'hidden names' for gluten when it comes to cosmetics?