Glutin-Free Man

Cheap Vaccuum Flask

Rate this topic

I don't have this particular flask, so I can't comment on quality, but I do have a different brand I bought a couple years ago. I find them useful for carrying hot food on occasions where I know I won't be able to eat anything.

Typically, they're $40-$70 each. This one's on sale for $15 (+$5 s&h) today (Friday, Nov 11th) only.

This one's a bit nicer than mine in that it comes with a carrying case, but otherwise they look similar.

Check it out at: http://www.onedaybuys.com/JustDeals-deals-V657/13-Piece-Stainless-Steel-Vacuum-Flask-Lunch-Set-185398

One thing to be careful of -- on mine, only the body of the flask is properly insulated. The lid is only partially insulated, so whatever food is on top (there are several internal containers) tends to get cold faster than the food on the bottom, so pack accordingly.

Wow! What an awesome little device!

Trying to rationalize that I will use it! What a great device!

Trying to rationalize that I will use it! What a great device!

Me too. Twenty bucks.......maybe worth just having it around......

Me too. Twenty bucks.......maybe worth just having it around......

Might be good for you when you are back in school. Chili on the bottom, then apple sauce, cornbread on the top!

Roda has a thread about a lunch bag that keeps stuff warm or cold. Works well for her school lunches.

My problem is that I commute by bike, boat, boots, and bus. Everything I take has to be on my back. The lunch sack looks a little bulky for me.