Rate this topic

I,m hoping someone can help with some info on what it feels like when stomach ulcers are healing.

I have H Pylori and have been treated with the antibiotic route, but I'm now going through my natropath at the moment. I have an ulcer from it, and while I feel great now I still get feelings of someone poking me in the stomach or a tighteness there, and I was wondering what it feels like when an ulcer is healing and how long it takes?

Hi G-Girl,

I had it way back in 1996. I was really lucky that the antibiotic for the bug was relatively new. I'd had 9 months of grief and then about 2 days after antibiotic I felt so amazing. But I had got so bad that good was only relative to the bad! :D

I was in the Navy (Australian) at the time so as soon as I felt okay I was back into training, lots of physical activity etc so I don't remember having any pain.

What is you gluten/celiac history?

Hi G-Girl,

I had it way back in 1996. I was really lucky that the antibiotic for the bug was relatively new. I'd had 9 months of grief and then about 2 days after antibiotic I felt so amazing. But I had got so bad that good was only relative to the bad! :D

I was in the Navy (Australian) at the time so as soon as I felt okay I was back into training, lots of physical activity etc so I don't remember having any pain.

What is you gluten/celiac history?

Hi diandliam, If I had known how sick the antibiotics would have made me I think I wouldnt have taken them! They just stipped everything out of my system. but I am on the mend! I just have weird like feeling of being poked with a broom handle in my stomach or its feeling tight its hard to explain not pain as in cramp or anything, its not there all the time and I was thinking that its maybe the ulcer healing, I have none of the burning or nausea ect anymore and feel really good.

I have been gluten free for 12 months now after what seems a lifetime of drs and no answers, I came across Celiac Disease on the net and I couldnt believe that any drs would have thought to test for this, so I decided to give it a go and well the results were pretty much instant! i was starting to feel normal again, but not quite and thats when I was tested for H Pylori a month ago, my poor digestive system has had a rough life lol