Mary Lou 2

New Rice Allergy

Rate this topic

Hello everyone. I am new to this group. I have been doing pretty well avoiding my two allergens for the past three years- gluten which gives me typical celiac symptoms and soy and soy lecithin, which cause a more traditional allergic reaction. I've recently developed a rice allergy, which has me stumped. I have a couple of questions. Should I avoid all grains for a while so I don't develop another allergy? Should I include potatoes in this too-I keep reading that they should be avoided but don't know why. I'm sort of afraid of adding a new allergen to the list so I'm eating a diet of fruit, vegetables and meat, which is pretty hard on my digestive system -cramps, bloating,etc. Is this something that will go away in time? Any suggestions for making the transition away from grains? Finally, am I overreacting by cutting out all grains. Any advice you all have would be greatly appreciated.

I am one who develops new allergies to frequently eaten foods. Not everyone does. For me, I have started a 4 day rotation diet to avoid developing new allergies and manage my current ones. Google allergy rotation diet or the like.

I am all for not eliminating any more than you have to. Some people can eat the same day after day and be ok but I have learned after 2 years of my food allergy journey that I need as much variety as possible or I end up with new allergies. I learned that through allergy testing with a large panel of foods-over 80 and an elimination/challenge diet following that. That restored my system back to calm and taught me to recognize symptoms.

I am one who develops new allergies to frequently eaten foods. Not everyone does. For me, I have started a 4 day rotation diet to avoid developing new allergies and manage my current ones. Google allergy rotation diet or the like.

I am all for not eliminating any more than you have to. Some people can eat the same day after day and be ok but I have learned after 2 years of my food allergy journey that I need as much variety as possible or I end up with new allergies. I learned that through allergy testing with a large panel of foods-over 80 and an elimination/challenge diet following that. That restored my system back to calm and taught me to recognize symptoms.

Wow. Thank you. I went to the doctor today who put me on a diet of only fruit and vegis for a week. Then I am to add meats, nuts etc one at a time. I guess it is an elimination diet of sorts - though not as complicated as what I have read about. I had heard about a rotation diet. Once I get past this current set of symptoms, I think that is what I will do.

Wow. Thank you. I went to the doctor today who put me on a diet of only fruit and vegis for a week. Then I am to add meats, nuts etc one at a time. I guess it is an elimination diet of sorts - though not as complicated as what I have read about. I had heard about a rotation diet. Once I get past this current set of symptoms, I think that is what I will do.

M next suggestion was going to be to switch all your current foods-veg, meat etc. to completely different versions for a week or 2, having very simple pure ingredients and not "dishes" and see if your symptoms disappear. So your docs suggestion sound on track. Good Luck. Hope you get some relief and direction.