Silencio

Bulk Chocolate Almonds

Rate this topic

Does anyone buy from the bulk bins in grocery stores? I have no clue if those are gluten-free

Does anyone buy from the bulk bins in grocery stores? I have no clue if those are gluten-free

I was just going to post the same question-I also wanted to know about raw nuts in general. They all seem to say "packaged in a facility that handles wheat, nuts, soy, etc" Does that mean they are not gluten free? Are there any brands of nuts that are safe?

I was just going to post the same question-I also wanted to know about raw nuts in general. They all seem to say "packaged in a facility that handles wheat, nuts, soy, etc" Does that mean they are not gluten free?

Unless you are extremely sensitive, shared facilities are not likely to be a concern. They are more of an issue for people with anaphylaxis allergy concerns.

Shared facility means somewhere on the property. Not necessarily the same room, or even building. Equipment is washed between product runs, as per "Good Manufacturing Practices" which are mandatory in Canada and the United States.

Gluten-free products can be made in shared facilities, and even with shared equipment, if proper hygiene practices are followed.

I was just going to post the same question-I also wanted to know about raw nuts in general. They all seem to say "packaged in a facility that handles wheat, nuts, soy, etc" Does that mean they are not gluten free? Are there any brands of nuts that are safe?

I know for sure Planters nuts are gluten-free in Canada.

Different people will have different answers to this but I buy from bulk bins all the time. I don't think I've ever had a problem with them, and they are a lifesaver for people like me on tight budgets. I love bulk bins :)

I refuse to buy from bulk bins. Even if the product is gluten free, my concern is what happens to it after it is put into the bins. Did they use a bin that had something glutenous in it prior and how clean can they really get it? Then there is the CC risk from people using a scoop in the gluten free bin that was from the gluten bin. Not worth the risk to me, but the decision is very individual since everyone has to find the right balance for them.

• Upvote 1

Different people will have different answers to this but I buy from bulk bins all the time. I don't think I've ever had a problem with them, and they are a lifesaver for people like me on tight budgets. I love bulk bins :)

Do you buy gummie bears and that kind off stuff from the bulk bins too? I miss eating that stuff.