This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cyrex Results

alexasandra

alexasandra Newbie

please help if you have any knowledge! we just got the antibody array 3 test back that from my 16 month old daughter. every one of the IgG proteins are out of range (between 2 and 4) and every one of the IgA proteins are normal. I understand this is a very unusual reading. thanks for any help you can provide.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

Does your daughter have normal total IgA, or is she IgA deficient?

alexasandra Newbie

Does your daughter have normal total IgA, or is she IgA deficient?

Thank you very much for responding! I can't express how grateful I am for your help. Each of the 12 proteins tested from Cyrex labs showed up IgG out of range. All 12 of the proteins tested normal for the IgA. The parentheses is the normal range.

Wheat IgG: 4.72 (0.3-1.3)

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgG: 3.48 (0.3-1.5)

Alpha Gliadin 33 MER IgG: 4.47 (0.3-1.4)

Alpha Gliadin 17 MER IgG: 2.5 (0.3-1.5)

Gamma Gliadin 15 MER IgG: 3.55 (0.4-1.7)

Omega Gliadin IgG: 3.96 (.05-1.6)

Glutenin IgG: 4.38 (0.2-1.5)

Gluteomorphin IgG: 3.54 (0.3-1.5)

Prodynorphin IgG: 3.63 (0.4-1.7)

Gliadin-Transglutaminase IgG: 4.18 (0.4-1.6)

Transglutaminase IgG: 1.84 (0.5-1.4)

Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65) IgG: 4.07 (0.8-1.5)

I am not sure where on the test results there is a "normal total IgA."

alexasandra Newbie

Thank you very much for responding! I can't express how grateful I am for your help. Each of the 12 proteins tested from Cyrex labs showed up IgG out of range. All 12 of the proteins tested normal for the IgA. The parentheses is the normal range.

Wheat IgG: 4.72 (0.3-1.3)

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgG: 3.48 (0.3-1.5)

Alpha Gliadin 33 MER IgG: 4.47 (0.3-1.4)

Alpha Gliadin 17 MER IgG: 2.5 (0.3-1.5)

Gamma Gliadin 15 MER IgG: 3.55 (0.4-1.7)

Omega Gliadin IgG: 3.96 (.05-1.6)

Glutenin IgG: 4.38 (0.2-1.5)

Gluteomorphin IgG: 3.54 (0.3-1.5)

Prodynorphin IgG: 3.63 (0.4-1.7)

Gliadin-Transglutaminase IgG: 4.18 (0.4-1.6)

Transglutaminase IgG: 1.84 (0.5-1.4)

Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65) IgG: 4.07 (0.8-1.5)

I am not sure where on the test results there is a "normal total IgA."

I should add... I am wondering if she has a severe imbalance in her flora, her digestive system, etc. rather than a gluten problem.

Skylark Collaborator

I'm happy to help, though I'm as bewildered as you are.

I don't see a total IgA. The reason I'm asking is that a celiac panel is run with IgG in people who are IgA deficient. IgA deficiency is a risk factor for celiac disease and we do see it in a fair amount of people on the board. In folks with normal total IgA, the IgG antibodies are less specific, though they do appear in some people with celiac.

It's hard to get antibodies at all in little kids so I wouldn't ignore that panel even with only the IgG part of the tests positive. The low-positive transglutaminase IgG would concern me enough to take her off gluten once I finished working with a doctor if she were my kid. I bet she is gluten intolerant even if she is not celiac.

Do you know what that high positive gliadin-transglutaminase test is? I'm not familiar with it and it's only coming up at Cyrex on a Google search so it must be something they have invented. I'm wondering if it's another name for deamidated gliadin, which is a very specific test for celiac.

Are you working with a pediatric GI? I think you need to get that panel to a good doctor who works with celiac kids and talk about checking her total IgA and possibly getting an endoscopy.

BethSLP Newbie

I had the same testing and am trying to understand my results. I also got high IgGs. Some out of range IgAs but not nearly as many. The pattern seems to be high IgGs and either normal or almost normal IgAs. I don't know what to think about this testing now as far as a path forward. I feel certain that I am gluten sensitive, but don't know if there is a reason to pursue more traditional testing to confirm/deny actual celiac disease if I am sure I will stick to the diet regardless. I also did the cross reactive foods battery and tested reactive for all the different dairy screenings. Since the blood draw, but before the results came back, I started an elim. diet (basically paleo) and have seen dramatic results. That coupled with two accidental exposures (soy sauce once and ham that had caseinate once, both accidents and both with strong reactions) makes me certain that there is an issue. I just don't know if I should pursue any additional info, or just live Gluten-free Casein-free and be done with it.

Anyhow, these are my results (normal range in parentheses):

Wheat IgG- Out of Range- 3.22 (0.3-1.3)

Wheat IgA- Normal- 1.87 (0.4-2.4)

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgG- Out of Range- 3.36 (0.3-1.5)

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgA- Equivocal- 1.82 (0.9-1.9)

Alpha Gliadin 33 MER IgG- Out of Range- 3.23 (0.3-1.4)

Alpha Gliadin 33 MER IgA- Normal- 1.48 (0.6-1.8)8)

Alpha Gliadin 17 MER IgG- Out of Range- 3.72 (0.3-1.5)

Alpha Gliadin 17 MER IgA- Out of Range- 2.06 (0.6-2.0)

Gamma Gliadin 15 MER IgG- Out of Range- 3.93 (0.4- 1.7)

Gamma Gliadin 15 MER IgA- Equivocal- 1.74 (0.7-1.9)

Omega Gliadin IgG- Out of Range- 3.79 (0.5-1.6)

Omega Gliadin IgA- Out of Range- 1.91 (0.6-1.8)8)

Glutenin IgG- Out of Range- 3.91 (0.2-1.5)

Glutenin IgA- Out of Range- 1.94 (0.5-1.7)

Gluteomorphin IgG- Out of Range- 3.94 (0.3-1.5)

Gluteomorphin IgA- Normal- 1.00 (0.6-1.8)8)

Prodynorphin IgG- Out of Range- 2.78 (0.4-1.7)

Prodynorphin IgA- Out of Range- 2.49 (0.6-1.8)8)

Gliadin-Transglutaminase IgG- Out of Range- 3.86 (0.4-1.6)

Gliadin-Transglutaminase IgA- Out of Range- 1.62 (0.6-1.6)

Transglutaminase IgG- Out of Range- 3.14 (0.5-1.4)

Transglutaminase IgA- Normal- 0.76 (0.6-1.5)

Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65)IgG- Out of Range- 4.09 (0.4-1.3)

Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65)IgA- Normal- 1.20 (0.8-1.5)

• 4 months later...
JoeBlow Newbie

I should add... I am wondering if she has a severe imbalance in her flora, her digestive system, etc. rather than a gluten problem.

Do you have a diagnosis yet? Cyrex Labs does not test for total IgA. They just test for IgG for everything, in addition to IgA. Since she has a positive IgG for everything, negative IgA for everything, and she has a positive transglutaminase IgG, I would say she is celiac. More celiacs have IgA deficiency than the general population.

I just had this test done, and they have added 2 transglutaminases. They test for transglutaminase-2 (antibodies to your intestinal lining), transglutaminase-3 (antibodies to skin, producing DH), and transglutaminase-6 (antibodies to neurons).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

Wow, that's great that they are adding transglutaminases. If only I could get tested without eating a bunch of gluten.

Did any one have followup on those Cyrex panels?

JoeBlow Newbie

Wow, that's great that they are adding transglutaminases. If only I could get tested without eating a bunch of gluten.

Did any one have followup on those Cyrex panels?

I was diagnosed 4.5 years ago. I am a very sensitive and symptomatic celiac, with symptoms running the gamut, from gut to brain, muscles to skin and bones, etc. I was having brain and skin symptoms, but not gut symptoms, after inhaling too much gluten one day, being downwind of restaurants and bakeries. So, I had the test done, after my doctor had forwarded me an email from Dr. O'Bryan announcing the additional tTGs. I was disappointed that I had a lot of antibodies in the positive range, including tTG-2, but not tTG-3 or tTG-6. I expected 2 out of 3, or none at all of the antibodies to self. I have been preparing all of my meals from scratch for 4 years, and never stepped into a restaurant, except for totally gluten-free ones a few times. It has been almost 3 years since my last CC incident, but there have been way too many inhalation incidents, which leave me symptomatic for 1.5 to 2 months. This is my first follow-up antibody test. I had the Cyrex Labs intestinal permeability test last year, which showed some antibodies to my occludin/zonulin and lipopolysaccharides. Recent live blood cell analysis on dark field microscope confirms the leaky gut.

Archived