BellaBella

Question About Dh And Testing For It.

Rate this topic

Per some of my previous posts/threads I am having trouble getting a formal Celiac diagnosis. A quick rundown: negative blood panel, negative pathology report from biopsy but doctor did see visual flattening of the mucosa during endoscopy....and obviously I have many many symptoms.

But one of my other severely irritating symptoms is intense skin itching. I have 5 or 6 places on my body that itch all day long and get way worse in the evening. In some of those places I have little patches of slightly darkened skin. The patches sorta look like dry skin but they are the itchiest spots on my body. They look NOTHING like any of the DH images I have seen online - there is no blistering, and no redness (until I scratch), and I'm wondering if it could still be DH.

Is it worth getting a biopsy? I have a call into my derm to see if DH is something she is familiar with and if she would do a biopsy for me but I won't hear back from anyone in her office until tomorrow.

Per some of my previous posts/threads I am having trouble getting a formal Celiac diagnosis. A quick rundown: negative blood panel, negative pathology report from biopsy but doctor did see visual flattening of the mucosa during endoscopy....and obviously I have many many symptoms.

But one of my other severely irritating symptoms is intense skin itching. I have 5 or 6 places on my body that itch all day long and get way worse in the evening. In some of those places I have little patches of slightly darkened skin. The patches sorta look like dry skin but they are the itchiest spots on my body. They look NOTHING like any of the DH images I have seen online - there is no blistering, and no redness (until I scratch), and I'm wondering if it could still be DH.

Is it worth getting a biopsy? I have a call into my derm to see if DH is something she is familiar with and if she would do a biopsy for me but I won't hear back from anyone in her office until tomorrow.

There are other posters here with itchy spits, though I don't know about brown spots. I think there's a link with detox (gluten) and kidney or liver issues (detox). I itched like that for a few weeks. Was quite scary given the DH.

Do a search for itching and see what you turn up on the forum.