Daisy227

Hoping For Negative Biopsy

Rate this topic

My doctor thinks I have celiac disease he didn't do any blood tests just skipped straight to the biopsy, I'm still waiting on results but I am really hoping it comes back negative. He told me to avoid gluten while I wait, I feel better but now I think I have some kind of intolerance to milk? Never noticed before because I just felt bad all the time. Anyway I've been kind of lurking on these boards and this is my first post... I've noticed so many people are upset that they have negative results back and I find this so odd... I'm really hoping for a negative result as I don't want to have an autoimmune disease.

False negative rates are pretty high for biopsies and for blood work. Your doctor is a good one for telling you to try the diet. You say you are feeling better on the diet so do keep with it even if the tests are negative. It is common for us not to be able to digest dairy at first. After you have healed a bit you will most likely be able to add it back in.

While having celiac is not a thing to be happy about being diagnosed and gluten free is. Not only will you live a longer life but it will be much healthier and happier. It does take some getting used to but we are here to help in any way we can.

the lactase enzyme is made on the tips of the villi, and in celiac the tips of the villi are damaged.....that is the connection with milk.

But some people also develop a casein intolerance, which is not lactase related of course.