giggleburger

Gluten Present In Dairy?

Rate this topic

I came across something online saying that some dairy products may contain gluten. Sour cream, yogurt, and the softer cheeses were said to possibly contain gluten.

Now this was on a not necessarily fully trust worthy site that I saw in passing, and I haven't really been able to find anything about gluten in dairy.

So I just wanted to know if this had any grain of truth to it, or if I should disregard it?

Many yogurts contain gluten as a thickener. Some blue cheeses use bread as a starter for their blue vein mold. I have not personally come across sour cream with gluten in it, but you should ALWAYS read the label of any processed food.

I have found sour cream with gluten and a long list of other additives. I have switched to Daisy brand, which is very pure.

Now that I'm a devoted label reader I always choose the brands that have the fewest ingredients.

I have found sour cream with gluten and a long list of other additives.

Makes me mad when they ruin good food by "improving" it with additives. I also use Daisy.

Buttermilk in Hawaii is bulked up with wheat. Found out after getting sick for 3 days.

I came across something online saying that some dairy products may contain gluten. Sour cream, yogurt, and the softer cheeses were said to possibly contain gluten.

Now this was on a not necessarily fully trust worthy site that I saw in passing, and I haven't really been able to find anything about gluten in dairy.

So I just wanted to know if this had any grain of truth to it, or if I should disregard it?

So it's not a naturally occurring thing? (besides blue cheese) It's just a thickener? Good to know! I was going to go crazy if it was a natural thing.

Thanks everyone!