Melle

So Good! Cottage Cafe In Florida

Rate this topic

I just got back from a Carnival Cruise (I don't know if it was just an utter screw up on their part or if it's an overall problem, but I couldn't seem to pin anyone down to help me sort gluten free! Ugh) Anyway, after living on fruits with skins and the odd slice of meat when I was feeling daring, I was jonesing for ANY complex foods by the time we hit florida.

A little googling took my to a tiny little blue cottage called So Good! Cottage Cafe (which is just one street over from the crazy cuteness of cocoa village). They are AMAZING. They can do gluten-free off the regular menu, they have a different menu that is entirely gluten and cc free AND they have amazing desserts, which they get from a local woman who makes some super delicious gluten-free treats.

So after I'd had my fill of food, the most touching part of the entire experience was yet to come. The lady who makes their desserts ran over to the cafe with gluten-free treats for me to take back onto the cruise to tide me over. She came with cookies and a cake (which were both fantastic and neither made it more than a couple of days!)

I feel like I just found a little pocket of yummy heaven. It's so tough to find places that take cc into account and know exactly what to do without you having to read a label or ask a question, so I thought I should share for anyone who's in the area who wants some yummy and worry free food!

Happy New Year Everybody!

I'm glad you found such a gem in the cafe!

However, that's unfortunate news about Carnival. I think there are several good reviews for them on here....

What ship were you on?

I'm glad you found such a gem in the cafe!

However, that's unfortunate news about Carnival. I think there are several good reviews for them on here....

What ship were you on?

We were on the Pride. I'd read the reviews before I left actually. Otherwise I would have packed more snacks! =) It might just have been a fluke. I really hope so! =S