Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TeknoLen

Proteolytic Enzymes - Worthwhile?

I am considering adding a proteolytic enzyme to my supplement regimen. Daily "pill fatigue" from all of the vitamins and supplements I am taking is catching up with me and I am looking for insight on whether enzymes would be worth the bother and the expense. The proteolytic enzyme supplement I am considering contains pancreatin, papain, bromelain, rutin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, magnesium aspartate, other: dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate (palm kernel oil based).

I would be interested in your thoughts on any or all of the following: 1) how would I even know if I had an enzyme deficiency i.e. tests, 2) is anyone else using any of these with or without success, 3) are these ingredients listed above the best ones to take, 4) does the ingredient list above look complete or on the other hand excessive, 5) what brands are reliable and GFCFSF, 6) any downside such as eventual reliance on these supplements, or 7) anything else you can think of. Thanks.

• self-dx gluten-sensitive 2007 but did not take it seriously
  • dx autoimmune Graves hyperthyroidism 9-7-11
  • second opinion doctor confirmed autoimmune hyperthyroid dx, suggested possible autoimmune thyroid-gluten sensitivity connection
  • medication-induced hyperthyroid remission 11-4-11
  • lab test dx gluten, casein, ovalbumin, and soy sensitive 12-15-11
  • taking diet seriously now, strict GFCFSF diet...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):