Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubba's Mom

I'm Feeling Hopeless

I eat Aldi's version of brown minute rice about once a week. I eat Koala Crisp cereal every day though. It's made from Organic brown rice flour.

I swear..no food is safe to eat! :o

You're doing better than me, I eat it 1-2 times a day 6-7 days a week!! And we thought brown rice was healthier. Whatever. If I cut one more thing out of my diet, I swear I will disappear.

I eat Aldi's version of brown minute rice about once a week. I eat Koala Crisp cereal every day though. It's made from Organic brown rice flour.

I swear..no food is safe to eat! :o

OMG! Have you looked into the possibility that this could be arsenic exposure? :o Here is a link....

http://www.medicinenet.com/arsenic_poisoning/page2.htm

I only just recently started to eat the Rice cereal due to losing so much weight, so I don't think that's my problem? The article also doesn't mention villous damage which I have a lot of.

I was eating more of the instant brown rice at first, but got kind of burned out on it. Lately I've been eating more potatoes. I'm not gonna look up what they do to make them not sprout. :blink:

I guess the possibility of arsenic building up in our systems is something we're going to have to consider? I won't be looking for any Louisianna rice!

Course, we could all just get IV's & walk around with our little bag of clear liquid feeding into our veins. Hey, then we wouldn't have to worry about where it was safe to eat!laugh.gif

And I'm not going to tell you about the potatoes either. I eat a whole lot of them myself.

I understand your dilemma,It's bad enough when doctors don't know but worse when they pretend to be all knowing and look at you as if you are a drug seeking hypochondriac. I too felt like you. it took 15yrs to get diagnosed properly. through this process I have learned a lot about myself and my body. I learned that I don't fit the cookie cutter criteria that makes diagnosis more complicated. I learned that even though my labs are normal to the medical field they are abnormal for me. I can now tell when my hemoglobin is low, by how much ice i eat. I know when I have graves disease symptoms because I throw PVC's. I know when I am in Hashimotos, because I get so depressed it is as if I fell off a cliff into a deep hole. Thank God that only happened once!. I had to fight for an iron transfusion, so that I could function and work! I had to fight for more exams that would dig deeper to enable them to find the Graves and Hashimotos Disease btw it is rare that people have both. I had to fight to have my nutritional levels checked and had to tell doctors that I don't have to be a stick to be malnutrioned! bottom line, I had to fight and I am still fighting most importantly though, I am worth it! So are you keep fighting for yourself, autoimmune messes with alot of symptoms so no you aren't crazy they are just ignorant to the unknown specialty of autoimmune related disorders hugs feel better don't give up!

I understand your dilemma,It's bad enough when doctors don't know but worse when they pretend to be all knowing and look at you as if you are a drug seeking hypochondriac. I too felt like you. it took 15yrs to get diagnosed properly. through this process I have learned a lot about myself and my body. I learned that I don't fit the cookie cutter criteria that makes diagnosis more complicated. I learned that even though my labs are normal to the medical field they are abnormal for me. I can now tell when my hemoglobin is low, by how much ice i eat. I know when I have graves disease symptoms because I throw PVC's. I know when I am in Hashimotos, because I get so depressed it is as if I fell off a cliff into a deep hole. Thank God that only happened once!. I had to fight for an iron transfusion, so that I could function and work! I had to fight for more exams that would dig deeper to enable them to find the Graves and Hashimotos Disease btw it is rare that people have both. I had to fight to have my nutritional levels checked and had to tell doctors that I don't have to be a stick to be malnutrioned! bottom line, I had to fight and I am still fighting most importantly though, I am worth it! So are you keep fighting for yourself, autoimmune messes with alot of symptoms so no you aren't crazy they are just ignorant to the unknown specialty of autoimmune related disorders hugs feel better don't give up!

It seems like getting the proper tests run..is like pulling teeth? I've been told many of my symptoms are A-typical.

The Dr. I saw at JAX Mayo called me and said the stool test I requested showed I had a parasite. It's one that often accompanies other things, and isn't something they usually treat. In my case, she said I was in such bad shape she thought it wise to treat it.

I've asked over and over to be etsted for SIBO, yeast, and parasites. They're on the list of things that cause villi flattening. It's ridiculous that I keep suffering and they don't test for these common offenders. It's really frustrating!

You're doing better than me, I eat it 1-2 times a day 6-7 days a week!! And we thought brown rice was healthier. Whatever. If I cut one more thing out of my diet, I swear I will disappear.

Ok..we're not going to give up on the rice completely..maybe check the source..or cutback? We need to have something to eat!

Arsenic used to be used to treat for pinworms. If we need a positive to hang onto..the rice is protecting us from pinworms? LOL :D

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That's the spirit! Yeh, the rice is protecting us from pinworms.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif