elizabethg326

New And Need To Find Info About Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

Hi my husband has been having really bad stomach issue recently and the doctors just recently diagnosed him after six months with gastroparesis but i have been looking at celiacs and i feel like all his symptoms fit could it be that the doctors got it wrong? I am so confused and just dont know what to think. What are some symptoms that are major for this disease. Thanks!

There is a FAQ section at the top of each forum. Here is a direct link to it:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/forum-13/announcement-3-frequently-asked-questions-about-celiac-disease/

You can find a list of common symptoms along with a lot of other info.

Quite honestly, the longer I've been at this (on this site) the question becomes "What ISN'T a symptom of Celiac Disease?"

If you suspect Celiac Disease, it certainly wouldn't hurt to get tested for it. Make sure your husband stays on a regular (gluten filled) diet until all testing is done.

From a personal experience, my daughter was diagnosed with both Celiac Disease and (mild) Gastroparesis. The GI thought the Gastroparesis was a result of damage done by the Celiac Disease and that once she was on the gluten free diet for a while and had a chance to heal that the gastroparesis would resolve itself. It did.

I have seen others on the board that do have both. Do a search on gastroparesis and you will find some threads on the topic.

Thanks so much!! That really does help a lot and makes me have a little hope that we can figure out to stop his stomach pains.