kingle

Newbie With Questions

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and am just trying to find relief and to feel like myself again. I

Kelly, in my opinion you should attempt the gluten-free diet for at least a month, keeping a food journal, and see how you feel. Then reintroduce gluten and compare. I would also evaluate the amount of caffeine and water you're drinking and consider taking probiotics and an Omega-3supplement.

Some of what you've described could very well be as a result of high gluten sensitivity, and since you've already gone through the testing, it seems like your next best option is to attempt the diet. I know it is intimidating, but there are so many naturally gluten-free dishes out there, and just think of how therapeutic it could be for your system. Being married, having kids and working full-time certainly make the situation a bit more complicated, but I hope you have your family's support, and you will be more productive and have more to give if you are feeling better! As for cost, look at ethnic cuisines such as Mexican, Indian and stir-fries (just make sure you use a gluten-free stir-fry sauce). Also, rice and potatoes are still on the menu...just watch the glycemic index of the foods you eat to make sure things stay balanced.

Hope this helps. Good luck! You can get to the bottom of this!

Thank you so much for your response. I think when i go grocery shopping this weekend I will take the plunge **gulp** and see what happens. I think I owe it to myself.

Thanks again!