BarryC

Eating Before Bed

Rate this topic

Has anyone found they can lose weight faster by not eating anything after supper and especially before bed? I have read that its total calories over the day, not when you eat them, that leads to weight loss. However, in my case I have a very slow metabolism, and I think it could be related to gluten. Its tough for me NOT to snack before bed as I work evenings and come home around midnight. But, on the few occasions I didnt snack, I woke up feeling thinner, and by belly was a bit flatter.

It's better not to eat late at night. If you lye down to go to bed shortly after eating (or just eat while lying down), your body doesn't digest food as quickly. So yup, it'll just kinda sit in your stomach. I think that most professionals will recommend not eating for two or three hours before bedtime. Also, late at night, most people will tend to eat "feel good foods" like chocolate, sugar, processed, or high fat foods.

I'm right with you, though. I get home from work around 11pm and have to resist snacking. Maybe try having a piece or fruit or some carrots as a snack when you feel like you need something? Or have a LaraBar on your way home?