alucard4545

Should There Be A Documentary About Celiac?

Rate this topic

I personally would love to see a feature length documentary made about celiac disease. I searched online and have only found short documentaries about it which were good, but would really only be helpful to brand new celiacs.

I think a good full length celiac documentary would show things that usually aren't seen. For example, lots of us know about the testing requirements to determine a food as gluten free, but I've never seen footage of this testing? How does it all work? look like? cost? ect.

I would imagine many things being covered in the documentary like the above example, the under diagnosis of celiac, the recent "trendiness" of the diet due to certain celebrities who have been revealed as gluten free, all sorts of information. It could make for a good piece of work, and be effective at further spreading awareness about this growing condition.

If a movie like this doesn't already exist, I hope it gets made soon.

Yes, that would be amazing. I think the documentary would be even more intruiging if it included self diagnosed and professionally diagnosed gluten intolerants rather than just celiacs. It could include so many healing stories and finally put into the public so many connections between diseases and medical studies that haven't gone noticed but are extremely important. Gluten free needs to be the next Vegetarian or Vegan, because it sure as hell is more effective and important !

• Upvote 1

Yes, that would be amazing. I think the documentary would be even more intruiging if it included self diagnosed and professionally diagnosed gluten intolerants rather than just celiacs. It could include so many healing stories and finally put into the public so many connections between diseases and medical studies that haven't gone noticed but are extremely important. Gluten free needs to be the next Vegetarian or Vegan, because it sure as hell is more effective and important !

I agree. :D

Great idea but agree that it should incorporate the self dx'd along with the full spectrum of symptoms experienced by many that led to mis dianisis and or dismissal of possible dietary connection to lifelong non-specific symptoms. I think many of us could add to a fantastic script ;)