Rate this topic

Hi,

I'm new to this very helpful forum. Greetings from Germany!

To cut it short: I'm 28 and for 12-13 years I'm experiencing a huge range of symptoms...

Anxiety, social phobias, brain fog, problems with concentration, extremely SLOW in everything I do, and always a feeling of senselessnes...

Joint pain, tooth problems, ear aches, bowel problems, infections, alcohol-intolerance, red eyes, gallbladder pain!!! . Like someone would push his fist in that area. Night sweat, non-existent libido...it was not so funny... ;)

And very very pale skin...almost unable to tan. And as a kid I had a very nice skin and tan! This always seemed odd to me...how could I have lost something like skin color?? Does this symptom sound familiar to anybody reading this??

As almost everybody here I can look back on a "doctor's office-odyssey". I have seen like 25 doctors (different departments) in that time and my sad conclusion is: 0% of them could help me. Why do I pay my health insurance contributions??? + I spent thousands for stuff I didn't need or my colon couldn't absorb!

:blink:

Now for the positive things I can say. I stumbled upon a gluten related website and I was shocked! Exactly my problems were described there...

I'm living gluten-free for 5 days now and I already feel an uplift in my mood!!! This is NO placebo! This is sooo cool! If I'm finally on the right track now, then I'm the happiest guy on this planet! :P

I hope that I will gain some pounds very soon (I'm very thin) and that my skin looks healthier...

What do you think? Do you know these symptoms? Any feedback concerning my story is appreciated!

Best regards!!

:)

Hello..and welcome!

Yes..your symptoms could be from gluten. If you want to be tested for Celiac disease you need to stay on a gluten diet until after your tests are done. For some of us, it's better to know if we have Celiac disease so we are more determined to stay on a gluten-free diet, so testing is important.

Even though you have seen many Dr.s they may not have thought to test you for Celiac disease? Most Dr.s don't think of it.

Once you've had tests done, go gluten-free no matter what the results are. Some of us have negative blood tests, but can't tolerate gluten anyways.

Good luck to you! :D

Thanks for your thoughts! Hmm...but I already have begun to eat a gluten-free diet and I began to feel better...if testing means that I have to eat gluten again now...then I think I will skip the test... :unsure:

Ah, and I have slightly "cornificated" skin on my finger joints. And the ring fingers both have these dry spots on the side. My feet are affected too.

And one psychological symptom: I cannot cry. Didn't cry for years! Does this sound familiar to you??

Best regards!

Ah, and I have slightly "cornificated" skin on my finger joints. And the ring fingers both have these dry spots on the side. My feet are affected too.

And one psychological symptom: I cannot cry. Didn't cry for years! Does this sound familiar to you??

Best regards!

Gluten can affect every system in your body. It can cause a variety of neurological symptoms, like social anxiety, unusual emotions, and various skin issues as well.

Your paleness, that mentioned earlier, may be from anemia? It's not a good idea to supplement iron without having a test for anemia though. Too much can be harmful. Eat a diet rich in iron and as you heal it should start to absorb?

Gluten can affect every system in your body. It can cause a variety of neurological symptoms, like social anxiety, unusual emotions, and various skin issues as well.

Your paleness, that mentioned earlier, may be from anemia? It's not a good idea to supplement iron without having a test for anemia though. Too much can be harmful. Eat a diet rich in iron and as you heal it should start to absorb?

Hmm, my blood values (last year) were normal...concerning iron. I will just wait and eat as healthy as possible. (Organic and preferably unprocessed food) But I'm doing fine with my diet. I think the gluten thing is most likely the solution to my mysterious problems.

I'm living gluten-free for 5 days now and I already feel an uplift in my mood!!! This is NO placebo! This is sooo cool! If I'm finally on the right track now, then I'm the happiest guy on this planet! :P

Awesome

Always great to hear of the breakthroughs. I think it's hard for a lot of ppl to imagine what a difference such common foods can make.