Rryyaann

Feeling Confused!

Rate this topic

Been gluten free for nearly 6 weeks, and I had thought I had been feeling better, and was convinced it was celiac. Planning on going for more blood work to rule out other things as the doctor was pleased I was feeling a bit better after going gluten-free. It wasn't all fun, and the pain, constipation, anxiety, lymph nodes all seemed to get worse for the first 3 weeks or so.

I got careless over the weekend and didn't keep up with eating fiber, and was snacking on a lot of crappy food (even though gluten free), and I think I had too much corn meal/flour. Now the last few days I have had pain in my right side, starting about 4-5 inches above the bottom of my rib cage, down to almost my hip bone. Also feels like a slight burning sensation on the skin. Also tend to have random pinch pains around my lower abdomen. Have also had some dry mouth and blood sugar issues (possibly?) and light headed feelings.

These feeling are leading me to wonder if it has anything to do with gluten, and I'm feeling pretty anxious about not knowing what to do. I'd really appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

You haven't been gluten free very long, so your body needs time to heal. Eat as simply as possible until you know what you're able to handle...unprocessed fruits, vegetables, lean meats, plain brown rice, etc. It's boring and not always convenient, but it will help you feel better faster and also help you pinpoint if there are any other foods giving you problems.

Hope you feel better soon!

Been gluten free for nearly 6 weeks, and I had thought I had been feeling better, and was convinced it was celiac. Planning on going for more blood work to rule out other things as the doctor was pleased I was feeling a bit better after going gluten-free. It wasn't all fun, and the pain, constipation, anxiety, lymph nodes all seemed to get worse for the first 3 weeks or so.

I got careless over the weekend and didn't keep up with eating fiber, and was snacking on a lot of crappy food (even though gluten free), and I think I had too much corn meal/flour. Now the last few days I have had pain in my right side, starting about 4-5 inches above the bottom of my rib cage, down to almost my hip bone. Also feels like a slight burning sensation on the skin. Also tend to have random pinch pains around my lower abdomen. Have also had some dry mouth and blood sugar issues (possibly?) and light headed feelings.

These feeling are leading me to wonder if it has anything to do with gluten, and I'm feeling pretty anxious about not knowing what to do. I'd really appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

You could have gotten a little cc? The pain you described could be the intestinal lymph nodes acting up, which could be from a small dose of gluten?

Before I was DXed I thought I had apendicitus because of that same pain in the same area.

Some of us have trouble digesting some things at first, and that might be your problem if you had a lot of carbs?

Keep an eye on it though. If you start to run a fever or the pain gets bad, you'll need to have it checked out.

Thanks for the replies! I got a good sleep and feel a bit better this morning. I'm going to eat as clean as I can until I know more.