ksmama

So Many Questions!

Rate this topic

My 8 year old daughter started getting stomach aches, headaches and muscle aches daily 3-4 months ago, she is 41lbs and 46inches tall, the gastro has diagnosed her with failure to thrive. She had a celiac panel run(along with s bunch of other tests) and everything came back normal.....over the past few days she hasn't had tummy aches, headaches or joint pains....but if I press on her tummy right above her belly button she said that it hurts. She has a endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled first thing Monday morning and I want some answers! No child should have to take pepto bismal daily. The dr is concerned about her weight as we are, he said that the only reason he is going through with the endo and colonoscopy is because of how small she is.......with the symptoms I posted does it sound like she could have celiacs even with a negative celiac panel???

Yes.

Read through the kids/parents section and you'll see lots of posts about negative tests/positive results on a gluten-free diet.

Too much to attempt to rewrite.

I suppose I will find out soon, today was pretty miserable for her being on a liquid only diet, I will be glad when this whole ordeal is over.....the dr told me that even if everything comes back negative he wants me to try a gluten free diet with her so this week I will be preparing my kitchen.

Does anyone know if breakouts on your face and arms is part of being allergic to gluten or not??