kaygato

Trying Candida/scd Type Diet

Rate this topic

So I've been wanting to lose weight, and this type of diet seems like it would help. I'm also doing it as an experiment to see if it'll help with my lingering depression and brain fog. I'm planning on doing it for at least a month. Anyone have tips for me? I'll probably be back to complain when the cravings hit.

I don't really have many tips except to push through the cravings. Due to some other issues I was having, I had to give up sugar/carbs a couple years ago...the first couple weeks were brutal (first three or four days I was UNPLEASANT to be around)...but after your body adjusts a bit, your really stop craving it. I haven't had a soda in over 4 years (used to start every morning with one) and now I can't stand the stuff. My tastes have completely changed over time because I don't like things that are overly sweet anymore. I wish I could follow the diet to the letter, because I am STILL battling candida problems, but I guess my will power isn't quite strong enough. Had two glasses of wine last night and I am definitely paying for it this morning. Hope you can stick to it! Good luck!

I found it helpful to make coconut flour and almond flour baked goods. They are filling and give you something to substitute when the starch cravings hit. A lot of people make the mistake of shying away from fat when they go low-carb. You will want some nuts, cheese, or avocado to feel full, though for weight loss you do have to limit them a little.