PossiblyCeliac?

Have These Tests Been Helpful For You?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I've been watching this forum for some time. Have struggled with stomach "issues" most of my life.

I finally went to the GI last week. He ordered complete blood work (kidney, liver, thyroid, celiac). All tests came back negative.

I also completed a series of stool samples (some to test for blood in the stool, some to test for bacteria). Negative on the bacteria. Positive for traces of blood.

The doctor now wants to perform a colonoscopy and endoscopy (through the mouth). I'm having serious second thoughts. I know I probably should have the tests done, but I'm not certain they'll actually reveal anything.

Have any of you experienced these tests? And were they helpful?

Thanks!

I had to have an endoscopy after my blood test was positive , the endoscopy confirmed I have celiac disease . So if you think you have celiac disease endoscopy is worth having . Not a nice test but still worth doing .

Hi everyone,

I've been watching this forum for some time. Have struggled with stomach "issues" most of my life.

I finally went to the GI last week. He ordered complete blood work (kidney, liver, thyroid, celiac). All tests came back negative.

I also completed a series of stool samples (some to test for blood in the stool, some to test for bacteria). Negative on the bacteria. Positive for traces of blood.

The doctor now wants to perform a colonoscopy and endoscopy (through the mouth). I'm having serious second thoughts. I know I probably should have the tests done, but I'm not certain they'll actually reveal anything.

Have any of you experienced these tests? And were they helpful?

Thanks!

Absolutly get the tests! It's not normal to have blood in your stool. :o