tallchik77

Is This Really A Full Panel?

Rate this topic

sorry for starting a new thread here. i'm at work and in a hurry. so, just got my lab work back (had them fax it to me).

TTG/DGP 8.21

negative <20

weak positive 20-30

strong positive >30

total iga 232

this is all it says! could this really possibly be a full panel? from the little i've read, the ttg dgp is the most accurate? so for sure negative? if this is not a full panel, could someone please tell me what i need to ask for when i speak with the doc again and do you think my blood would still be at the lab? it was drawn monday. could they just add a couple more tests to it? or, should i just take this as an all clear, good to go, no celiacs. thanks for your help guys!

I'm not as knowledgeable about the full panel but I'm bumping this up for others to see who could answer. Hope you find out soon.

Don't apologize for starting a new thread! It's easiest to answer when you do.

That new TTG/DGP test is very good. It is usually run in combination with TTG-IgA for the state-of-the-art full panel. I don't now how likely your blood is still at the lab, but I would personally ask for TTG-IgA to be sure. I think your doctor was remiss for not ordering both.

If both are negative it's reasonably likely you're not celiac, though if you are reacting to gluten it's hard to be 100% sure it's non-celiac gluten intolerance without a biopsy.

Also, if you are presenting primarily neurological aspects of gluten sensitivity, the ttg IgA is not so indicative of this. There is evidence that the AGA IgG and AGA IgA are more specific for neurological gluten sensitivity.