Victoria6102

Lactose Intolerance

Rate this topic

Ive been gluten free for a year and a half. Went semi lactose free but would still eat cheese or ranch dressing sometimes. Then am not feeling better so two weeks ago I decided to go lactose and casein free. I did with almost no cheating until Wednesday. I wasn't feeling better being off dairy so I reintroduced it, for the first time since I've been gluten free, full force. Real milk, lots of cheese, dairy. Next day woke up with a sore throat and that progressed to headaches and fatigue. Saturday I ate 3 small bowls of lactaid ice cream in an attempt to take away the sore throat.

Then Sunday woke up feeling worse than before. Bloated, dehydrated, nauseous. All day felt kind of off. Then at night I was about to go out with my friends when I started getting awful pains like stabbing, makes you want to cry, doubled over pains, and thought I was going to throw up. I went home and had a few pretzels. Today I'm feeling slightly better but still not good. Could this be from dairy, I've never had such a bad reaction before. I even broke out in a few hives and a strange rash. Can you get that kind of reaction from being lactose intolerant or would that only be from an allergy to milk? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.