nursenation2

Help

Rate this topic

So after cross contamination nightmare. I am super sick. Trying to still go to work. Everything right now upsets my stomach. Any suggestions on how to heal faster or what to eat. I have been eating chicken and rice. Bananas and tea. Pretty mild stuff. Please give me ideas.

That's pretty much what I have to do. Broth and rice, bananas, tea. Applesauce and cups of Jello are handy too because they're so easy to carry to work.

I find Pepto-Bismol helpful and ginger tea or ginger soda made with real ginger can help nausea. Immodium if necessary. B12 seems to help my mental symptoms a little. I don't know why I seem so short on B12 after getting glutened.

Drink plenty of fluids to help your system detox. Also try to do things that are relaxing like soaking in a warm tub with epsom salts. Stress will keep your immune system going longer so try to remember that you WILL feel better.

I guess I need to be more patient. Will try some ginger. Usually peppermint tea helps but not much is helping.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I can't offer anything Skylark has not already. I can only offer sympathy & hugs.

I find Cream of Buckwheat to be a good breakfast and quite soothing. It keeps me filled up for a while. I like it with cinnamon which can help keep my blood sugar more stable. Sweet potatoes also seem to help me digestive wise. Cinnamon is good on those too and they could be cooked ahead and reheated at work.

I also use Pepto for the stomach pain and if I have to leave the house I take Immodium. I do try to avoid the Immodium route if I can as I want that stuff out asap. If my joints and muscles are hurting I find plain asprin to help. I second the sublingual B12.

I hope your feeling better very soon.

Thanks guys today was a little better. I'm hoping tomorrow is even better. Baby steps I guess :)