Hunt9909

Wondering If I Should Get Tested For Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

I am a 26 year old man who has been suffering from severe symptoms for 4 years now. I am wondering if it could be Celiac disease. I've had many EKG's and many trips to the ER but no success or diagnosis. I have the following symptoms: back pain (upper and lower), chest pain, stomach pain, joint pains, constipation, mucus stools, nausea, bad migraines, random rashes mostly on hands and feet. I am wondering if i should get tested for Celiac or something completely different? I have started the gluten free diet to see if that improves things. I would love any opinions or experiences of peoples symptoms. Thanks!

Yes it would be a good idea to get tested, however you need to keep eating gluten until all celiac related testing is done. So get back on gluten and if it has been more than a couple days that you have been off it you may notice it makes you feel awful when you add it back in. Be aware that false negatives rates are about 20% so after all celiac related testing is done do give the diet a good strict go for at least a couple of months.