bifidus

Does The Hypoglycemia Ever Go Away?

Rate this topic

I guess its been 8 days, and I've had some awesome improvements, my digestion is doing much better and I dont have any abdominal pain. When I eat now, I dont feel anything, no gas, rumbling, pain, etc and bms are normal. The brain fog has not returned, and I have more energy and moods are stable. I still have that pain on my right side, it might be an ulcer. Its not constant but I feel it when i'm hungry, stressing or right after I eat. It doesnt hurt bad, just noticable.

I still have the hypo, which is not so bad during the day but I feel it coming on and I HAVE to eat, but at night its off the hook, and my sleep is not getting any better because of the cortisol spikes. I worry about this because I am trying to rebuild and heal but cortisol is a very destructive hormone and I feel like its going to continue to break me down faster than I can build myself up.

Should I start excercising again even though I am sleeping terribly? I feel like I should start lifting weights and jogging again, but I dont know if I should save that energy and let my body heal. Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly.

I stopped being hypo when I was on Atkins. Maybe you are still eating too much carby food. Fat and protein will keep your blood sugar stable.

Try eating high protein, high good fats, and lower carbohydrates, with lots of vegetables. Good fats include olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, eggs, avocado.

Exercise, but gently. Perhaps walking instead of jogging, and no serious weightlifting, but some other movement exercise. Exercise should help you sleep.

Thanks for the replies, I tried to eat more protein today. I do get some excercise, I am a waitress so I just dont do much upper body. I guess I wont rush it. I am also trying some baking soda water before bed, in case the candida is whats causing the spikes.