Scott Adams

Majority of Restaurateurs and Chefs Fail Basic Celiac Test - Celiac.com

Rate this topic

Celiac.com

Majority of Restaurateurs and Chefs Fail Basic Celiac Test

Celiac.com

Dismal results on a simple, four-question quiz show that most chefs and restaurateurs lack the most fundamental knowledge of gluten-free facts and protocols; a reality that could leave many gluten-free diners at risk of gluten contamination.

View the full article

Hmmm, all of the Worchestershire sauce I've seen in the U.S. has been gluten-free, so I'm not certain I would have identified it as the item that might have contained gluten.

richard

Hmmm, all of the Worchestershire sauce I've seen in the U.S. has been gluten-free, so I'm not certain I would have identified it as the item that might have contained gluten.

Of course.

The test was administered by NFCA. The same people who brought you Domino's brand, Certified Kitchens "Gluten Free" Pizza, lovingly made on the same equipment as the regular ones. :o:blink:<_<:ph34r:

___

added:

And, oh, just frigging wunnerful that they're trying to scare gluten free peeps about Worchestershire sauce now. WTG, NFCA !

richard

All worchester sauces I've ever seen contained gluten, but they were all in Europe (Czech republic) and I never really tried to find a gluten-free one, just checked them out of curiosity while shopping...

This "test" was inn the U.S., hence my comment. In the U.S. worchestershire sauces are generally gluten-free.

richard

"Celiac disease is a genetic, auto-immune disease that is triggered by glucose." strikes me as basically a trick question. Gluten and glucose look and sound very similar and in the context of a celiac disease quiz it seems like it would be very easy to misread or mishear.