Rate this topic

I have called Target about their OTC meds and are awaiting an email, she kindly said they do not have a list of medications that are gluten free, what they do is contact the vendor/manufacturer on each specific product. So while she is doing that, I have found the answers to many of my questions online searching, but thought since many of you have been there with your kids for awhile, you would have some go-to advice on children's medications!

I asked her specifically on the children's acetemetephen (their dye free ibuprofen is labeled gluten free), the allergy med (their version of Benadryl) is not labled and is a must to have in the house for alergic reactions. I also asked about some of the adult headache meds, I normally use Walgreens ibuprofen but on occasion need something for a migraine type headache and use the Target brand tension headache.

I normally use Triaminic brand cold meds for the kids, the purple nighttime cold and cough, or the orange cold/allergy daytime liquid--- looks like both are safe.

Do you have any go-to kids products you use that you know are safe?

I am cleaning out my medicine cabinet!

Thanks!

We use liquid meds for my son since we can put them straight into his g-tube. We haven't found any med that bothers him however.

It took me 3 weeks to find out that the Walgreens brand of liquid Zytec (Wal-Zyr) is gluten free. I use the website glutenfreedrugs.com a lot. Good luck. There is a Congressman from Ohio trying to make gluten identified in drugs. But I am not sure it even made it out of the first stage! UGGG! As more of Congress has relatives with celiac, I feel certain something will be done one day!

I contacted Target by phone, gave her the lot numbers and medication info, she had to contact manufacturer on each medication to determine if ingredients were gluten free. She got back to me on a couple, gluten free. She is still waiting on the one medication, been several days. My Target ibuprofen, and liquid children's ibuprofen are actually labeled with a green gluten free box.

Walgreens meds are most often gluten free, the pharmacist gave me a printed list actually of their gluten free OTC items.