sosickofbeingsick

Very Mild Dermatitis Herpetiformis Or Unrelated Rash?

Rate this topic

I have looked at pictures and it seems like dh usually has blisters... I have had this rash on my abdomen for 1 yr +, and I'm now wondering if it's related. It kind of looks like it could be a very very mild form but I dunno if it can happen without blisters... What do you guys think?

photo.jpg

It's really hard to say. I went back & read your posts so I would have a better idea of what else is going on with you. I'm going to say that this rash could be a dh predecessor or it could be just some kind of gluten related rash. But --- from what you have described on other threads It's likely that it's dh "in the making" so to speak. And to answer your question as to dh ALWAYS having to have blisters? NO. No, dh does not always have blisters. DH has many presentations -- not just blisters. I know you're going to get tested --- if you turn up positive then it would be a sure bet this rash is just waiting to turn into something else BAD.

It certainly doesn't look like dh now. And dh is insanely itchy --- insanely!

You mentioned that you are going gluten free after the testing no matter what the tests say. Then you won't have to worry if you go gluten-free.

squirmingitch, thank you very much for your response. This rash can be very itchy at times, but not always. It will be interesting to see if it goes away when I go gluten free. When I see my gi I will show him the rash and see what he thinks. Thanks :)