This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Worried About Blood Results

Vicky-1989

Vicky-1989 Rookie

After searching the forum for people's TTG results, it started to worry me about my own results. A lot of people's here don't seem to be higher than 200 (from what I've read) when they were diagnosed.

In April this year, I had another blood test to see if any gluten was getting into my diet. I was strictly gluten-free (very paranoid about CC and forever cleaning the kitchen before I cook) for a good 5 months before I had my blood test but my results were over 2000!!! I'm not sure what it was when I was diagnosed but my dietitian did say it hasn't come down by much.

I'm not sure what other blood tests they ran but doctors in England don't really tell you anything.

Since being gluten-free my stomach pains and indigestion are completely gone but I still suffer major headaches, fatigue, non-refreshing sleep, joint and muscle pains and I keep getting recurrent sinus infections and infections in my wisdom tooth.

JFYI, I'm on vitamin B12 injections every 3 months (have been since 2007), been on vitamin D before as my level was 16 but was fine on my last blood test and my iron was okay too. I'm just sick of feeling like this.

Is there anything else that could be keeping my levels so high or any other reasons why I feel so rubbish all the time?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

beachbirdie Contributor

After searching the forum for people's TTG results, it started to worry me about my own results. A lot of people's here don't seem to be higher than 200 (from what I've read) when they were diagnosed.

In April this year, I had another blood test to see if any gluten was getting into my diet. I was strictly gluten-free (very paranoid about CC and forever cleaning the kitchen before I cook) for a good 5 months before I had my blood test but my results were over 2000!!! I'm not sure what it was when I was diagnosed but my dietitian did say it hasn't come down by much.

I'm not sure what other blood tests they ran but doctors in England don't really tell you anything.

Since being gluten-free my stomach pains and indigestion are completely gone but I still suffer major headaches, fatigue, non-refreshing sleep, joint and muscle pains and I keep getting recurrent sinus infections and infections in my wisdom tooth.

JFYI, I'm on vitamin B12 injections every 3 months (have been since 2007), been on vitamin D before as my level was 16 but was fine on my last blood test and my iron was okay too. I'm just sick of feeling like this.

Is there anything else that could be keeping my levels so high or any other reasons why I feel so rubbish all the time?

TtG can be related to other autoimmune conditions: thyroid diseases (Grave's/Hashimoto's), liver conditions (autoimmune hepatitis), diabetes, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn's) among them.

Ask for copies of your blood tests. Even in England I think you can get access to that information.

Vicky-1989 Rookie

TtG can be related to other autoimmune conditions: thyroid diseases (Grave's/Hashimoto's), liver conditions (autoimmune hepatitis), diabetes, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn's) among them.

Ask for copies of your blood tests. Even in England I think you can get access to that information.

I've been tested for thyroid problems and diabetes several times and it's always come back normal. Not sure what else it could be; perhaps I'll have to have a talk with my doctor, although I don't really get on with him and he tells me it's all in my head. :huh:

Probably could, will have to ask.

GottaSki Mentor

All in your head? Nope - all in your gut.

Glad to hear that you have had improvement with digestive issues since going gluten-free, sorry to hear you have not had improvement in other areas - is it possible you have food intolerances that are contributing to your other symptoms? Have you tried removing Dairy, Legumes, Nightshades (tomato, potato, peppers, eggplant), Grains, Nuts?

Can you switch doctors? I wasted far too many years with doctors telling me that my symptoms were caused by stress, overwork, motherhood, hormones, etc. etc. etc.

I'd certainly start with getting your blood test results and go from there.

Good Luck to you :)

Archived