ShannonA

Probiotics

Rate this topic

I started taking Custom Probiotics 6 strain and feel awful. I get a horrible headache which turns into a migraine by the afternoon with extreme bloating. I started waking up at 3 am again when I had finally started sleeping through the night. I called the manufacturer and he stated that I shouldn't feel this way especially on the child dose and that I have really bad intestinal flora. Now i am really worried. I am on the intro GAPS diet for 2 weeks now so I am only eating chicken soup with vegetables and gluten free for 2 months. Why am I reacting to probiotics? How am I supposed to heal if I can't consume good bacteria to remove the bad? There is no way I'm taking them again to feel like that when I've finally got the migraines under control with my diet. Does it matter if I don't take any? Please help...

I know it doesn't sound fun, but when one takes natural supplements, it often gets somewhat worse before it gets better. Make very sure you don't have any cross contamination problem. Also, You might take a break from it for a few weeks. Then try again. I take Immuno Synbiotic from Nutri-Spec I get from my chiropractor. Make sure you have a brand with living culture. Other brands I tried did not seem to do anything. If I get a chance I will check what is in it.

I know it doesn't sound fun, but when one takes natural supplements, it often gets somewhat worse before it gets better. Make very sure you don't have any cross contamination problem. Also, You might take a break from it for a few weeks. Then try again. I take Immuno Synbiotic from Nutri-Spec I get from my chiropractor. Make sure you have a brand with living culture. Other brands I tried did not seem to do anything. If I get a chance I will check what is in it.

Ok I am taking a break & no cross contamination. I bought new everything. I will try later I guess, that's really all I can do. They were very expensive so I don't want to go out and buy more in case I get the same response to a different brand. Always something :P

Are your probiotics from dairy and does dairy cause you problems?

I think most probiotics are originally bacteria taken from milk. At least many of the bottles I see on the shelf say they contain dairy and should be avoided by anyone with a milk allergy. And I don't feel all that great on them either, although not as badly as you.