jertanner

Mn State Fair 2012

Rate this topic

It's getting to be that time again, and this will be my first year at the fair gluten free.

I've read all the back-posts and all the info I could find via Google, and I know that Northland Celiacs put out a list (which will be my first stop) of gluten free options. I'm also aware that the corn is safe, but I can't just eat corn all day :)

- well I could, but I'd rather not.

What I'm wondering is what have people actually tried and not gotten cc'd from? I'm having trouble believeing that getting footlong w/out the but wouldn't result in a bunch of problems.

Also does anyone know if the fresh cut french fries are safe? They don't seem to show up on any of the lists. That's all they do there so I would think they're ok, but you never know.

Thank you!

I'm hoping more people respond to this one. We're headed to the MN State Fair next weekend with our newly diagnosed 9-yr-old (who LOVES the corn, but I'm hoping there's more).

Does Northland Celiacs have a booth at the Fair? Or is the list on-line somewhere?

I'm one of the biggest fair fans you'll ever meet, but this is my first year going gluten-free :( I'm hoping people will report back here, too.

I got nervous about my gluten-free fair experience, so I used Northland Celiac's 2012 list to make a google map of all the gluten-free fair food. I intend to update it as I go through the fair if I find anything else that belongs on it:

Gluten-free foods at the MN State Fair

Does Northland Celiacs have a booth at the Fair? Or is the list on-line somewhere?

Northland Celiac does have a booth, in the Kare11 Health Building. They usually put their list online before the fair (as far as I know it isn't up yet). I think they also keep copies at the booth.

Hello! This is my 3rd Minnesota State Fair being Gluten Free, though I missed last year. I have never gotten CC'ed, but never chose the options where it seemed likely to have that happen. There are gluten free (Udi's bun and all!!!) Chicago Style or State Fair Style Hot Dogs this year!!! And some gluten free Risotto Poppers! Yum! I cannot wait to try them. I stick to some kind of pickle thing...it's a pickle wrapped with cheese and prusciutto (sp?) or ham or something. I forget where it is...the building has a giant pickle on it haha. There is always the corn! And the milk stand lol. The northland celiacs site is where I have always gotten all my info, but haven't gotten to it yet. Good luck and have fun!!!

I'm one of the biggest fair fans you'll ever meet, but this is my first year going gluten-free :( I'm hoping people will report back here, too.

I got nervous about my gluten-free fair experience, so I used Northland Celiac's 2012 list to make a google map of all the gluten-free fair food. I intend to update it as I go through the fair if I find anything else that belongs on it:

Gluten-free foods at the MN State Fair

Northland Celiac does have a booth, in the Kare11 Health Building. They usually put their list online before the fair (as far as I know it isn't up yet). I think they also keep copies at the booth.

Yes! And if you stop by the booth and talk to them, in the past anyway, they have a wheel to spin for some coupons! And they generally hand out coupons any way I think. I had forgotten about it, so thanks for posting this!

Shoot! It looks like my link didn't work before because I tried to use bitly. Let's try again:

Here's a map of all the foods on the Northland Celiac list, plus any that I am able to independently track down:

http://goo.gl/maps/h1zOZ