fujikokun

Help With Test Results

Rate this topic

I'm wondering if somebody can help me understand what my test results mean?

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA

Result 6

Negative 0 - 19

Weak Positive 20 - 30

Moderate to Strong Positive >30

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG

Result 3

Negative 0 - 19

Weak Positive 20 - 30

Moderate to Strong Positive >30

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Result <2

Negative 0 - 3

Weak Positive 4 - 10

Positive >10

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG

Result 17 HIGH

Negative 0 - 5

Weak Positive 6 - 9

Positive >9

Endomysial Antibody IgA Negative

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 286

What does it mean that I tested high for tTG IgG? I tried looking it up but I can't seem to find anything.

Any help is appreciated :)

Hello!

If you were gluten free at any time proceeding your testing, your results may not be accurate.

High tTG IgG can indicate Celiac Disease. The problem is there are other autoimmune diseases that can cause a high tTG IgG. So the IgG alone can not diagnose Celiac Disease.

One other consideration where the IgG is more effective in diagnosing celiac is when an individual has low Total IgA. There wasn't a reference range for your total IgA, but I think it is within normal range.

Next step:

Option 1 - endoscopy - prefereably by a GI that has experience with celiac where at least 6-8 biopsies are taken from the small intestine.

Option 2 - Trial a full compliance gluten free diet for several months - some say 3 months, some say 6 months.

Not sure what symptoms led you to getting a celiac panel, so I should add another option would be to re-draw the tTG IgG as there is a remote possibility the test was just wrong.

Thank you for getting back to me :)

I was not gluten free for a long period before testing, so I don't think it would come back negative because of that. Basically I decided to get tested because I have some symptoms of celiac, especially anemia, and because my brother just got diagnosed with celiac. I fasted for two weeks about a year ago, and though I've suffered from chronic acne since I was a teenager, my acne completely cleared up when I was fasting. So I got tested for food sensitivities because of some stuff I read about it online, and I had a whole huge list of them, although gluten was not on the list. Well, even though I avoided all of those sensitivities my acne came back. Anyway my younger brother just got diagnosed with celiac disease so I decided to get tested. But I don't have insurance so I don't want to do an endoscopy. I think I am just going to eat gluten free from now on and see if my symptoms improve.